Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012




Its a new year, which means many people go about setting resolutions and all that they want to achieve in this year. 2012 is also leap year. If anybody is still clueless as to what leap year means, its simply means the year has an extra day in the month of February.

Anyways I'm glad to see the back of 2011 cause I really had a rough year filled with some serious challenges and obstacles. I've learnt some harsh lessons, made some mistakes but at the end of the day I'm older and much wiser. They say wisdom comes with age and I've finally understood how it works. You see in your youth (though I'm still young) we make mistakes and learn from them and as we get older we learn not to make those mistakes again.

As this new year began I decided that I wont make any resolutions cause I never follow them anyways. As stated in my previous blog I am a proud Jamaican. Jamaica recently held its 16th general election since Universal Adult Suffrage was granted and the ruling Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) got a "ass whipping". I must admit the margin of defeat was surprising. Many ask the question what the JLP did wrong or what the PNP did right? Nevertheless as I've said on Facebook the running of the country must go on.

Jamaica is a beautiful place and I will address the political debate sometime in the future but for now we must focus on making our country a better place. European leaders have warned of a difficult year ahead, as many economists predict recession in 2012. If we paid attention to the news last year I'm sure we all saw what happened in Greece and Italy while Portugal and Spain are trying to battle the same problem. The world is in a crisis and we must come together in saving our Jamaica. Each and everyone of us along with the government elect must continue the growth which started under the previous regime.

By definition we are just a little dot on the map and what happens in Europe and North America affects us all. As we move forward in this new year let us promote peace and prosperity. Remember UNITED we stand DIVIDED we fall. Have a Bless 2012 Everyone!!!! S.B. Stanberry

1 comment:

  1. I would suggest you go and write for the Gleaner & also the observer..especially the Sunday gleaner.

    ReplyDelete

prime