Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blood versus Loyalty

“Always question where your loyalty lies. The people you trust will expect it, your greatest enemies will desire it and those you treasure the most will without fail, abuse it. Loyalty takes years to build and only seconds to destroy.”

Since the beginning of time the concept of blood versus loyalty has been ever present no matter how mythical or real the story is.
Blood and Loyalty are intertwined, bound together by the laws of nature.
We are loyal to our country, friends, religion, political affiliations, schools and the list could go on and on.
But where do we separate it? Where do we draw the line between blood and loyalty?
Our own life situations pretty much influence where our loyalty lies while blood will always be blood.
There’s a quote that says “blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family”. Now this I agree with.
Nobody can prove to me that we should be loyal to someone because we are related.
Now everybody is entitled to their opinion but based on my own experience I pretty much can decide where my own loyalty lies.
Family isn’t blood.
Example look at somebody who was adopted, are we gonna say they are not our family because we are not “blood” related?
Life will always conjure up these mysterious mind boggling challenges.
Ask yourself, where does your loyalty lie? Think about it. Are you loyal because you’re blood related or are you loyal because those people have been there in your corner supporting you through some of life’s most difficult challenges?
Whether those people are your blood relatives or not, that is where your loyalty should lie.
As for me, I know where my loyalty lies and its simple it’s with my family.
S.B. Stanberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

prime